Our client is in search of a Senior Housekeeper for their residence in Hyde Park, London; a three-story private household renowned for its unique charm, resulting in a notably low staff turnover.
Due to work commitments, the Principal is not often in residence. Therefore, the Senior Housekeeper must adeptly manage their time and workload to ensure the property is well-prepared for the Principal’s return.
The existing team is laid-back, inclusive and supportive of one another, operating as a team of all-rounders. As the household is occupied on a part-time basis, the structured staffing approach is impractical. The successful candidate will be happy to roll up their sleeves and “muck-in”, rather than being confined to one job title.
Our client is in search of an individual who can effortlessly switch between a variety of tasks. For example, on a typical day, they might be cleaning and washing the windows, and then stepping into the kitchen to prepare a light lunch for guests, and driving a car to the airport for the Principal’s late-night return.
The Senior Housekeeper will also lead and support the housekeeping team – including a secondary housekeeper, and ensuring that everyone is happy working within their roles.
This is a very rewarding role for a strong all-rounder.
Responsibilities of the Senior Housekeeper in Hyde Park include:
- Maintaining a high standard of cleanliness throughout the property
- Maintaining the client’s privacy through discreet working practises
- Organising or conducting specific seasonal tasks such as deep cleaning, window cleaning, gutters, etc
- Supervising maintenance and repair work, sourcing and booking trusted contractors if unable to do in house
- Occasional need to cook – on occasion there may be a need to step into the kitchen to prepare meals for the Principals, family and guests – especially if Chef is absent
- Oversee the Creston/HVAC systems, making sure everything is working smoothly, arranging regular system checks as required
- Household shopping and maintaining records of expenditure and purchases
- Able to help out with vehicles – filling up with petrol, or taking to an MOT if required
- Coordination with other household staff in international properties to ensure smooth running of Principal’s effects
- Liaison and coordination with the Principal’s Private Staff – assisting with any planned events, running errands or conducting specific tasks as required
Candidates must be/have:
- Proven strong attention to detail, reliability, discretion and flexibility
- Proven leadership experience in a similar private household
- Strong communication skills and a team player
- A problem-solver, who is intuitive and organised
- A great all-rounder – confident in the kitchen, tech-savvy and capable of carrying out routine / light maintenance tasks
- Knowledge of smart home systems, would be a plus
Monday – Friday, 08:00 – 18:00, with some flexibility when the Principal is in residence.
Hyde Park, London.
Cora Partners job ref
CP585 / Senior Housekeeper in Hyde Park
You must sign in to apply for this position.